Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wreck This Journal

Valentine's Day was so fantastic this year, I can't even begin to describe it. Basically Corey and I just got to chill and relax without interruption. We only left the apartment to browse the bookstore hand in hand, eat and grocery shop. We also exchanged gifts, something that we previously said we wouldn't do. I bought him a man-bag on Etsy since he previously carried his work folders and notebooks in his hands. He bought me Wreck This Journal, a journal/art project I've been coveting for a while. I started it today, only completing three pages so far.

It reminds me of The Writer's Block some of my literary inclined friends used to have. When you can't think of anything to write about, consult the block (a small, block shaped book with 365 pages) and find an assignment. It's so much fun and forces you to be creative.

If you like to write in paper journals, but can't think of anything to write about, this is a great book to buy. If you are an artist with a creative block, get this book. If you just like to burn, rip, or generally destroy things, buy this book. I can't wait to spill coffee on some pages, rip up some pieces of the journal and rip off the cover. It will be somewhat scary for me since I like my books in pristine condition, but it will also be somewhat liberating.

3 comments:

  1. oooh i'll have to check that out! i love me some paper journals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like a really cool journal, I'll have to check into it. I am all too familiar with the concept of writer's block so maybe this will be helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ Obama's daughter in the cartoon with the lip for the tooth fairy!

    ReplyDelete

Sock it to me!