Monday, April 13, 2009

Non-traditional Easter Basket

Instead of an Easter basket, I received a pink toile bag with a needlework reference book. This gift reminded me of how much I love toile. When I worked at a fancy pants cafe in high school, the tablecloths and chair fabric were covered in blue toile. That is when I fell in love with the pattern. It represents sophistication to me. I can understand why a lot of people would hate it, but I love it so intensely. If I have a little girl, I'm going to decorate her room in pink toile.

The needlework book is very old and grandmother probably got it from an antique store. It's a great gift and I was surprised to find some great notes in the margins and some bookmarks in pages that I found very useful. I'll be trying out some new stitches soon. I have a lot of projects on my plate, but I've gotten lazy. I'm fired up about stitching again after reading the book, so I think I'll get to crafting again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sock it to me!